cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

VLAN showing as a directly connected route - how to remove from routing table

AB-HILLS
Level 1
Level 1

There is a directly connected route in the routing table and the interface is VLAN2. Can I remove this directly connected route? When I do the following i get:

10.0.0.0/24 is subnetted, 1 subnets

C       10.10.1.0 is directly connected, Vlan6

S*   0.0.0.0/0 [1/0] via 192.168.1.1

C    192.168.0.0/16 is directly connected, Vlan1

C    192.167.0.0/16 is directly connected, Vlan2

SW_1#config t

Enter configuration commands, one per line.  End with CNTL/Z.

SW_1(config)#no ip route 192.167.0.0 192.168.0.0

%Inconsistent address and mask

SW_1(config)#no ip route 192.167.0.0 255.255.0.0 192.168.0.0

%No matching route to delete

I'd like to keep VLAN 2 until it becomes unneeded but want to remove the route so that I can find out who is still on VLAN 2

4 Replies 4

Hello

Not sure I understand your question, however if you want a connected interface not to show up in the route table of the device it attached to disable it.

Please rate and mark as an accepted solution if you have found any of the information provided useful.
This then could assist others on these forums to find a valuable answer and broadens the community’s global network.

Kind Regards
Paul

Sorry if it's vage. Basically VLAN2 was a segregated network. Now, that network has become a part of the main corporate network and so VLAN2 is now not needed. However, we're still unsure if there are users out there still using this VLAN. Therefore, I'd like to remove the route from VLAN2 to prevent them accessing any systems

Hello

If this vlan isnt required and it has L3 interface , Just shut it down the L3 interface down or even remove it, and remove the L2 vlan from the vtp database.

conf t
int vlan 2
shut
exit

no vlan 2

Please rate and mark as an accepted solution if you have found any of the information provided useful.
This then could assist others on these forums to find a valuable answer and broadens the community’s global network.

Kind Regards
Paul

I've answered my own question, thanks for your help.

Anyone who needs this answer: I realsed as it is a layer 3 switch, I've removed the IP address of VLAN2, as well as the ip helper-address and the standby config. This route has now been removed from the routing table but the VLAN is still enabled

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card