cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

VLAN Tagging on Routed Interface

justinhulsman
Level 1
Level 1

I am working with an ASR 1001 running IOS XE 03.09.02.S.  Our carrier is sending us our data via dot1q tagging.  Is there anyway to do this using the "vlan-id dot1q <vlan>" interface command?

If I use a sub-interface, I have to use a nested QoS policy and our Solarwinds server isn't able to monitor the QoS queues.  So, I'd like to have the IP address running on the physical interface along with an unnested QoS policy.  Any ideas?

4 Replies 4

The ASR is not really my platform, so if someone has a native solution it's better to follow that.

As a workaround you could configure the switch between your router and the carrier-device with an access-port for "vlan" towards your router and with a trunk to the provider-device. Not elegant, but perhaps better than nothing.

-- 
Don't stop after you've improved your network! Improve the world by lending money to the working poor:
http://www.kiva.org/invitedby/karsteni

Thanks for the possible workaround.  I'm going to open a TAC case just to cover my bases, and I'll post what more I can find out.

Justin

Where you able to find anythign from Cisco regarding the above....I have a similar requirement.

Let me know

The TAC case that I had opened recommened us looking into a EVC configuration.  We were already looking to put things into production, so we re-evaluated the Solarwinds option.  After looking into some of the Solarwinds issues, we decided to update our Solarwinds suite to give us the visibility that we wanted...

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: