Views
Helpful
Replies

VLAN with Cisco 4000

eavanmangan
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have a cisco 4000 router and would like to set up two seperate networks independant of each other. Is it possible to have them come in on the two seperate ethernet interfaces and keep the routing of them seperate?

Many thanks for you help!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi,

To achieve this you have to use ACL's (access-lists) to deny the traffic from one subnet to other subnet and then apply it to one of the router interface.

HTH,

-amit singh

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

amit-singh
Level 8
Level 8

Hi,

What you want to achieve with this ??? Please elaborate more your need ?? Explain so that we understand it and write in the correct direction.

regards,

-amit singh

Hi,

I'm sorry for not being clear. Currently the router has a LAN connected to it on one of the ethernet interfaces. I would like to add another, completely seperate LAN to the other ethernet interface but be able to ensure that the two LANs do not have access to one another.

Would you know if this is possible?

Many thanks.

Hi,

To achieve this you have to use ACL's (access-lists) to deny the traffic from one subnet to other subnet and then apply it to one of the router interface.

HTH,

-amit singh

That's great - I didn't realise that it would be that simple!

Thank you for your help.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card