cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Vlans on different Subnet mask in a Range IP

en.javidi
Level 1
Level 1

I've a problem in create subinterface Vlans a Cisco router. I want create subinterface vlans in a range ip (/24) with diffrent subnet mask.

I want create subnet mask /29 prior /27 (no order).

1. 31.25.89.1/29
  2. 31.25.89.9/29
  3. 31.25.89.17/27

then create number 3 vlan (31.25.89.17), The error OverLap IP encountered.

how can solve this problem?

4 Replies 4

jeffrrod
Level 4
Level 4

Dear Ehsan,

Thank you for reaching the Small Business Support Community.

What is the router model and firmware release version you are working with so that I can reproduce your scenario? I'll be looking forward to hear from you.

Kind regards,

Jeffrey Rodriguez S. .:|:.:|:.
Cisco Customer Support Engineer

*Please rate the Post so other will know when an answer has been found.

Jeffrey Rodriguez S. .:|:.:|:. Cisco Customer Support Engineer *Please rate the Post so other will know when an answer has been found.

Dear Jeffrey,

the Router Model Cisco:

Cisco IOS Software, 2801 Software (C2801-IPBASE-M), Version 15.0(1)M6, RELEASE SOFTWARE (fc1)

I can't change senario. I need to this senario.

Best Regards,

Hello Ehsan,

The Cisco 2801 is not part of the Small Business routers and therefore I suggest you either to move this post from the "Action" panel on the top right corner to the LAN>Switching>Routing support forum or open up a new one.

I am sorry I can not be a better help but I am sure one of our community members of the enterprise (IOS based devices) forum is going to be able to provide you and accurate advice/solution for your inquiry.

Thank you for your time,

Jeffrey Rodriguez S. .:|:.:|:.
Cisco Customer Support Engineer

*Please rate the Post so other will know when an answer has been found.

Jeffrey Rodriguez S. .:|:.:|:. Cisco Customer Support Engineer *Please rate the Post so other will know when an answer has been found.

Mike Williams
Level 5
Level 5

Hi Ehsan,
The reason for the error is that the third subnet will overlap with the first two. The third subnet is actually 31.25.89.0/27 with a range of 31.25.89.0-31.25.89.31.

If you want to use a /27, the next available subnet will be 31.25.89.32/27.

Hope this helps,
Mike

Sent from Cisco Technical Support Android App

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card