cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

VPN Tunnel to outside point ot point

Robin Heeraman
Level 1
Level 1

I have cisco 2911 routers. It is configured to the outside through ATT. I am wanting vendors to come in through point to point using VPN. I have Fortient Firewall but that is open to Internet using VPN. I want to shut that down and use point to point VPN. Any suggestion.

Thanks all

1 Reply 1

Lei Tian
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

You can have internet and vpn on same router, but is better to have separate router for that function. If you have budget, it would be ideal to have separate internet circuit for partner and normal internet traffic. The idea is to reduce the level of impact when there is any failure, and make it easy to troubleshoot.

The config should be normal, based on the process order of operation, the router will process VPN traffic first if it matches the ACL for encryption. The unmatch packets will be routed/natted normally. Do you have more specific question regarding the config?

HTH,

Lei Tian

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: