Views
Helpful
Replies

VRF lite and Catalyst WS-C3750G-12S-S

thierryjean
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I need to isolate a population connected on some dedicated peripherical switches.

These peripherical switches are connected on a WS-C3750G-12S-S. Ip routing is enabled on these switches. Vlan Level 3 with ospf process is running between the two WS-C3750G-12S-S and some others routers.

the IOs version on the WS-C3750G-12S-S is  : c3750-ipservicesk9-mz.122-44.SE3

My question :

Is possible to configure the WS-C3750G-12S-S with vrf lite mode ? and so to apply the vrf to some interfaces dedicated to the population i want to isolate.

Thierry Jean.

5 Replies 5

mkazam001
Level 3
Level 3

Deepak Kumar
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

wrong comment

Regards,

Deepak Kumar

Regards,
Deepak Kumar,
Don't forget to vote and accept the solution if this comment will help you!

Hello

Looks like you are running with the correct ios so YES it is applicable to run VRF

Please rate and mark as an accepted solution if you have found any of the information provided useful.
This then could assist others on these forums to find a valuable answer and broadens the community’s global network.

Kind Regards
Paul

Thanks for your message.

Have you an idea about the minimum IOS version needed to put in place the VRF lite feature on the WS-C3750G-12S-S ?

Regards

Thierry JEAN

I have a new development, I had to run MST and VTPv3 on my networks in the past; therefore, all IOS related to C3750G-12S switches were upgraded to 12.2(55)SE12 series to run VTPv3, MST and OSPFv2 simultaneously. I clearly remember that numerous IOSes could not support VTPv3, then I tried many versions to find the right one.

I wanna set up VRF, but apparently this version does not support this feature. "ip vrf ..." command does not support unfortunately.

Is there any version which can support my needs (MST, VTPv3, OSPF and VRF-lite)?

@Deepak Kumar 

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card