Views
Helpful
Replies

Vrouter Cisco CSR 1000V

ricky89
Level 1
Level 1

Hi!

I would like to try in trial virtual router CISCO CSR 1000V and I would like to install it on GNS3.
First I would like to create a virtual machine with windows server 2022 and this virtual machine must be connected with cisco csr1000v router.
My question is can i surf the internet with this router or transfer heavy files to other remote pc?
How do you install cpme it works in everything?
The licenses I have seen that they cost a lot but if I buy one I will have the power of bandwidth speed right?
Second question, I have a second question but the internet doesn't want to know I don't have fiber.
but if I take the MAC address of the pc can navigate the pc always creating a virtual machine in sharing the router? Or does it always take a connection?
I in the first house I have the connection LTE 4G all this I can do to work?
I would like tutorials and guides.
Thanks who helps me.

1 Reply 1

RobertBetts2294
Level 1
Level 1

To set up a virtual router using Cisco CSR 1000V in GNS3 and connect it to a Windows Server 2022 virtual machine, you can follow these steps:

1. Install GNS3: Download and install GNS3, which is a network simulation software that allows you to run virtual machines and virtual routers. Ensure that you have a compatible version of GNS3 for your operating system.

2. Obtain Cisco CSR 1000V: You need to obtain the Cisco CSR 1000V virtual machine image from Cisco. You can download the image from the Cisco website or contact Cisco's sales team for more information on trial versions.

3. Import Cisco CSR 1000V to GNS3: Launch GNS3 and import the Cisco CSR 1000V virtual machine image. GNS3 provides a guided wizard to help you import and configure the Cisco CSR 1000V virtual machine. My HR KP

4. Create a Windows Server 2022 VM: In GNS3, you can create a virtual machine by using an ISO image of Windows Server 2022. Configure the virtual machine settings such as RAM, CPU, and network interfaces to meet your requirements.

5. Connect the Virtual Router and VM: In GNS3, you can create network topologies by dragging and connecting devices. Connect the Cisco CSR 1000V router and the Windows Server 2022 virtual machine using virtual interfaces and Ethernet links.

Once you have set up the virtual router and connected the Windows Server 2022 VM, you can perform various networking tasks, including accessing the internet and transferring files. However, the performance and capabilities will depend on various factors, including the resources allocated to the virtual machines, network configurations, and the underlying hardware.

Regarding your question about licensing, Cisco CSR 1000V requires a valid license to enable all its features. The licensing cost can vary depending on the specific requirements and the licensing model chosen. A license purchase would grant you the necessary features and performance capabilities, including bandwidth speeds.

Regarding your second question about using a virtual machine to share the router's MAC address for internet access, it's not possible to share the MAC address of the virtual machine directly with other devices on the network. Each virtual machine usually has its own MAC address, and traffic is routed through the virtual machine's network interfaces.

As for tutorials and guides, you can find various resources online that provide step-by-step instructions and walkthroughs for setting up Cisco CSR 1000V in GNS3. Search for GNS3 and Cisco CSR 1000V tutorials on websites, forums, and video platforms to find detailed guides that suit your specific requirements.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card