Views
Helpful
Replies

wccp question

cstpierre4
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I am setting up a proxy for webfiltering. I want to run wccp with it instead of putting it inline.

In the infrastructure I currently have a 3750 switch.

Im looking for a Router to run wccp with. Or should I use the 3750 switch? What router would be a good fit for just internet filtering.

Thanks.

4 Replies 4

Josh Sprang
Level 1
Level 1

I think you have to be running ip services on a 3750 but it will work...  I always found the best place to put it with a WSA is on the ASA for firewall if you have one. 

The only thing about a switch is you want to make sure you have redirect in on the interface rather than out... 

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/switches/lan/catalyst3750x_3560x/software/release/12-2_53_se/configuration/guide/3750xscg/swwccp.html

Hi Thanks for the reply,

Yeah we were trying to get it working with cisco asa but it was sluggesh and had intermittent issues. The vendor bluecoat stated that they suggest using a router or layer 4 switch and tend to not suggest using an ASA.

if i use a router or a switch.. how can I do wccp in HA?

Thanks.

Are you talking about ha on the Asa or something different like hsrp 

Thanks for the response.

so we would have two ASAs in HA. Then on the 2 physical switch that the firewalls connect to. I would hang the bluecoats off of them. Then run wccp with each bluecoat. Can I run wccp from one switch to one bluecoat.. then wccp with the other switch to another bluecoat?

So if the firewalls failover traffic would be filtered by the bluecoat.

bluecaot
     I
switch --> fw --> switch --> router --> internet
                  I
                 ha
                  I
switch --> fw --> switch --> router --> internet
      I
  bluecoat               

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card