cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

What is the difference between WS-6148-GE-TX and WS-6148V-GE-TX?

slilley92
Level 1
Level 1

We have a WS-6148-GE-TX and are looking to buy a spare, but the one our supplier has is a WS-6148V-GE-TX. Can we just remove the PoE daughtercard? Will that mess anything up? I have never seen one of these PoE modules so I am hoping it is just a matter of removing the daughtercard.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

JORGE RODRIGUEZ
Level 10
Level 10

Hi Steve, removing or leaving the PoE doughter card should not affect DATA connections, as long you do not use IP phones requiering power it is fine to leave the dougter cards, I have had mixed cards in CATOS access and core switches with and without the inline power functioning properly for just DATA connections, and yes, removing the doughter card is feasable and should not have negative effect on DATA. The difference between the two is inline power, once you remove the doughter card is no longer a WS-6148V-GE-TX but rather a WS-6148-GE-TX

HTH

Jorge

Jorge Rodriguez

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

JORGE RODRIGUEZ
Level 10
Level 10

Hi Steve, removing or leaving the PoE doughter card should not affect DATA connections, as long you do not use IP phones requiering power it is fine to leave the dougter cards, I have had mixed cards in CATOS access and core switches with and without the inline power functioning properly for just DATA connections, and yes, removing the doughter card is feasable and should not have negative effect on DATA. The difference between the two is inline power, once you remove the doughter card is no longer a WS-6148V-GE-TX but rather a WS-6148-GE-TX

HTH

Jorge

Jorge Rodriguez

Jorge, thank you very much! That helps a lot. I think we will just remove the daughtercard, then, since we won't be connecting any phones, just data connections.

Steve

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card