cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

when and waht to renew CCNP RS

petercinvest
Level 1
Level 1

I'm a CCNP RS holder , my CCNP expired on Mar.1.2019, so my question is when i can retake the exam, is it free of charge? can i retake CCNP RS exam at Aug.30.2018?

can i retake only 300-135 troubleshoot and without retaking 300-101 and 300-115? thanks

7 Replies 7

pieterh
VIP
VIP

you don't need to retake the CCNP/RS you can do exam in any other module to extend your certification

goto this page

it will show you the options

Diana Karolina Rojas
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello,

You only have to take any Professional level exam in order to renew your CCNP, so for example, you can take the "ARCH" exam and it will renew you CCNP certification or as you said you can take TSHOOT and also renew your certification, you don't have to take more than one exam.

Please do not forget to rate useful post.

Best Regards.

my second question is answered. but my primary question is still pending for the answer:

my CCNP expired on Mar.1.2019, so my question is when i can retake the exam, can i retake CCNP RS exam at (1)Aug.30.2018?

(2)is it free of charge? 

No it will not be free, if you attend a event like CiscoLive! then you may get a free (re)certification exam.

Where and when?  that depends on your location and time schedule

You can  use the Person website. to find a exam center in your neighborhood and schedule for an exam. ore use a search-engine on the internet. You can take the exam almost every day, it depends on the resources at the test center.

be aware some exams may have been succeeded by a newer version and the contents may have changed, so take into account time for some new studying.

I think you misunderstood the question, assuming my ccnp expired on Mar.1, can I retake on Aug.30.2018, is there  a minimum time period i need to wait, is it half a year, if it is half year, then I can only take recertification exam after Sep.2018. is it true?

If i register a new recertification exam on line, is there a special code for that to identify this is a recertification?

if i fail on the recertification, does ciso offer a make up exam, if i fails in the second try, does my certification status expired?

the questions are waiting for reply and issue not resolved

is there a minimum time period i need to wait
-> No apart from te rule that you cannot retake an exam within <x> days? I don't know of any other minimum

If i register a new recertification exam on line, is there a special code for that to identify this is a recertification?
-> no if you register for an exam you already passed it wil be a recertification

if i fail on the recertification, does ciso offer a make up exam,
-> No, apart from some "second change" offers you do not automatically get the option to do is twice
if i fails in the second try, does my certification status expired?
-> No , your already passed exam still is valid (you might have don the retake to get a higher score :-) )

I'm curious, how have you registered for all you past exams ? all this information should already been presented to you by Cisco when registering, failing or passing the exams.

anyone know is there a minimum time period i need to wait to take recertification exam

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card