cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Where can I obtain firmware for 3G Wireless WAN card

Kevin Melton
Level 2
Level 2

I am trying to find the firmware for the following Cisco 3G card.

Cisco Part #  EHWIC-3G-EVDO-V=

I searched for it in Support> Downloads but have not had success thus far in finding the firmware.

Thank You                 

4 Replies 4

Justin.Nichols
Level 1
Level 1

I've installed a couple of these and the drivers load from the card. Only issues Ive seen are on 15.X code if licensing isn't setup for IOS.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support Android App

richardbergen
Level 1
Level 1

check out this path:

please double-check if that is the firmware that is compatible for your card before you proceed with copying / pasting the commands below.

Downloads Home > Products > Cisco Interfaces and Modules > Cisco High-Speed WAN Interface > Cards Cisco 3G Wireless WAN (GPRS/EDGE/UMTS/HSDPA) High-Speed Wan Interface Card > GSM Modem Firmware-K2_0_7_46

to install:

you will probably have to change the slot number below (the part that says "0 3" under microcode reload)

- get the file on the router using tftp / ftp / whatever

copy ftp://x.x.x.x/8790_k2_0_7_46.tar flash:

- extract contents of tar

archive tar /xtract flash:8790_k2_0_7_46.tar flash:

- upgrade cell code

microcode reload cellular 0 3 gsm modem-provision flash:FWUpgradeConfigFile.txt

wait about 5-10 minutes and run "show cellular 0/3/0 all" to see the current version.

Another tip: for troubleshooting or whatnot you can't reload a cell card manually. The microcode upgrade reloads the card for you, but under normal circumstances you cannot reload the card (ie. hw-mod reload etc). With a hidden cisco command you can enable this though:

conf t

service internal

end

test cellular 0/3/0 modem-power-cycle

just thought you might like to know

When you are done, remove the service internal from the config.

Richard

Once I hear back from the customer, I will then be able to mark "Correct Answer".  I am almost certain that will be the case.

Anyway, thanks for your very precise and detailed answer.

Kevin Melton

CEO

KMNR Network Resources, Inc.

just a heads up though about the IOS version, I had an issue with running 15.0 and using cellular cards. I was advised by TAC to run 15.1 because I was told it contained a lot of cellular fixes. FYI

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card