cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Where is the software image library and copies of IOS?

pommy2809
Level 1
Level 1

Hi everyone

Has anyone located the software image library as stated at: http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/iosswrel/ps8802/ps6947/ps5413/prod_bulletin0900aecd801e77de_ps5853_Products_Bulletin.html

This is where copies of the IOS images are located, but I have never been able to locate the library or any IOS image. Would appreciate if someone would point me to the right direction.

Thanks in advance,

Pommy

7 Replies 7

Joseph W. Doherty
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Disclaimer

The   Author of this posting offers the information contained within this   posting without consideration and with the reader's understanding that   there's no implied or expressed suitability or fitness for any purpose.   Information provided is for informational purposes only and should not   be construed as rendering professional advice of any kind. Usage of  this  posting's information is solely at reader's own risk.

Liability Disclaimer

In   no event shall Author be liable for any damages whatsoever (including,   without limitation, damages for loss of use, data or profit) arising  out  of the use or inability to use the posting's information even if  Author  has been advised of the possibility of such damage.

Posting

If you have a current support contract with Cisco, you can often download any appropriate IOS image from the main Cisco's support site.

pommy2809
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks for the reply. It is a second-hand Cisco ISR router which I have purchased and has encountered the problem. Is there a way to obtain an image on a second-hand ISR router?

Pommy

Disclaimer

The    Author of this posting offers the information contained within this    posting without consideration and with the reader's understanding that    there's no implied or expressed suitability or fitness for any  purpose.   Information provided is for informational purposes only and  should not   be construed as rendering professional advice of any kind.  Usage of  this  posting's information is solely at reader's own risk.

Liability Disclaimer

In    no event shall Author be liable for any damages whatsoever  (including,   without limitation, damages for loss of use, data or  profit) arising  out  of the use or inability to use the posting's  information even if  Author  has been advised of the possibility of such  damage.

Posting

For a 2nd-hand ISR that might be difficult.  Don't really know Cisco's policy for that.  Cisco reseller should know.

There is no Cisco policy for second-hand routers. All one has to do is to pruchase a support contract, to be allowed to download, support, and unit replacement.

Thanks for your replies, that's something worth knowing. I am now wondering if a Cisco partner could lawfully install an IOS image on a second-hand router. Could you tell me if this would be legal?

Pommy

I don't really know about 'legality" of installing images however I know for sure that whatever activity a Cisco partner does with its customer it's mainly matter between them and Cisco.

Not legally.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card