cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Where to download legacy IOS images

DANIEL WANG
Level 1
Level 1

Does anyone know where to download legacy IOS images such as a 12.0T train IP Plus for Cisco 2600, i.e., 12.0(3)T2 c2600-is-mz.12.0-3.T2

Cisco Software Advisor displays several of these images but when you try to download they are not available. In fact, nothing older than 12.1 is available even though they are listed on CCO.

Can someone help? Please!

daniel

10 Replies 10

Mark Yeates
Level 7
Level 7

Daniel,

If there is a certain image you need that is not available on the website you should contact TAC. They will be able to publish the file and send you a link to download it.

HTH,

Mark

I think c2600 is already past "end of support" date. Is it not?

Maybe I should give it a try.

Thanks, Mark.

The 2600 (non XM) models are end of support. If you still have a valid support contract for it you should be fine. If not it wouldn't hurt to try.

Good Luck!

Mark

I need to download iOS v12
For router 2600 but is not available anymore.

I believe that you have correctly identified the issue. That version of code for that platform is no longer available. I do not know of any way to get it.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick

Thank you for your reply, I am a not experienced cisco technical support.
Is it possible to make a back up of ios from router model1800 and restore it to router 2600 making sure that the router 2600 has the ios V12.

I understand that you are not experienced Cisco technical support. One of the main purposes of these forums is to allow people who are not experienced to ask questions and to learn more about how networking works. So your question is welcome.

It would be nice if your idea worked of taking an image file from an 1800 and loading it on a 2600. But this would not work. There are things in each image file that are unique to the platform on which it runs. If you could get an 1800 image loaded into flash on 2600 then the 2600 would refuse to load the image.

I am afraid that there is not a good solution to your situation.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick

Thank you. I will keep searching for a router of the same model at my location then, so I can copy the IOS.

Yes that would be your chance to get the IOS copy. I am not sure what you are doing/plan to do with your 2600 but one thing to be aware of is what feature set is supported in the image of your current 2600 and what feature set is supported in the 2600 that you may find. Basic routing is certainly supported in any feature set. But if you want to do SSH then you need to make sure that the image includes crypto support. Some of the advanced features for the router require certain feature sets. Good luck in your search.

One way to check on the feature sets is to use the Feature Navigator on the Cisco web site. Here are the feature sets available on 2600 routers

• IP
  • IP PLUS BASIC W/O HD ANALOG/AIM ATM/VOICE
  • IP PLUS BASIC W/O SWITCHING
  • IP/FW/IDS
  • IP/FW/IDS PLUS IPSEC 3DES BASIC
  • IP/H323
  • IP/H323 PLUS BASIC
  • IP/IPX/APPLETALK
  • IP/IPX/AT/FW/IDS PLUS BASIC
  • REMOTE ACCESS SERVER
  • TELCO FEATURE SET

Here is a link to the Feature Navigator

http://cfn.cloudapps.cisco.com/ITDIT/CFN/jsp/index.jsp

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick

BTW, if you're unaware, often for ISRs, an IOS version supports an ISR family. I.e. you may not need an IOS for a specific model.
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: