cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

which debug shall i use to verify the Prefix with community 10:10 has been dropped

Ibrahim Jamil
Level 6
Level 6
Hi Freinds Kindly see Attachment which debug shall i use to verify the Prefix with community 10:10 has been dropped on cisco IOS XR and XE !***Color loopback prefix in BGP with MSE and IGW Communities*** network 100.111.15.1/32 route-policy MSE_IGW_Community ! community-set IGW_Community 3001:3001 end-set ! community-set MSE_Community 1001:1001 end-set ! route-policy MSE_IGW_Community set community MSE_Community set community IGW_Community additive end-policy thanks all
5 Replies 5

Hi @Ibrahim Jamil,

On the IOS-XE platform you can make use of the soft-reconfiguration inbound command for your BGP peer.

This is, neighbor <IP_ADDRESS> soft-reconfiguration inbound under the BGP configuration section on your Cisco IOS-XE based Router.

You can use then:

- show bgp ipv4 unicast neighbor<IP_ADDRESS> received-routes (or show ip bgp neighbor <IP_ADDRESS> received-routes)

to see all the received routes before any filter.

and

- show bgp ipv4 unicast neighbor<IP_ADDRESS> routes (or show ip bgp neighbor <IP_ADDRESS> routes)

to see all the received routes that passed the filter.

Just be aware that the command will make BGP store the routes twice and thus requiring more memory.

More information via:

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/ios-xml/ios/iproute_bgp/configuration/xe-3s/irg-xe-3s-book/irg-soft-config.html

I hope this helps.

Regards.

Hello Hector

how to catch it via Debug

thanks

Hi @Ibrahim Jamil,

Have debug ip bgp updates enabled while the BGP UPDATES are being received from the peer.

Cheers.

Hello hector

i need to see the below highlighted in red

!***Drops common CSG community***
if community matches-any (10:10) then

route-policy R2-BGP_Egress_Transport_Filter
!***Passes FAN Loopbacks***
if community matches-any (20:20) then
pass
else
!***Passes Communities in R2: 10:201, 10:202, etc.***
if community matches-any (10:2*) then
pass
!***Drops common CSG community***
if community matches-any (10:10) then
drop
else
pass
endif
endif

Hi @Ibrahim Jamil,

My previous suggestions were based on IOS-XE. They may also work similarly on IOS-XR.

Your configurations are for an IOS-XR based device. If there is a more straightforward way on IOS-XR perhaps someone else can comment on this.

Cheers.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card