Views
Helpful
Replies

which router to buy

Almas Saiyed
Level 1
Level 1

Dear All,

We are planning to buy new routers. We have 2 ISP which should be terminated to a router(now we have 2 router for each ISP), ISP1 speed 75 Mbps and ISP 2 speed 45 Mbps. I want to use both ISP silumteniously with HA.

Which router is suitable for us?

Design is below:

LAN - Firewall - Router - ISP

Thanks,

AS

7 Replies 7

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Thanks for updates, right now we dont want firewalling. we need to procure a router for routing purpose but later if we want, we can able to add services like firewall,NAT,switch etc. we can prove our investment.

Thanks,

AS

If you want a router able to run all that feature with an aggregate bandwidth of 120Mbps, then I agree with Leo: you need at least a C3925 or bigger.

Bye,

enrico.

e.ciollaro
Level 4
Level 4

The right model depends on what they have do to, I mean: NAT, Firewalling,...

Router's throughput has big difference depending on the feature  you use and the amount of job required by each feature. For example NAT can considerably reduce the throughput but the exact amount depends also on how many session the routers has to NAT.  

Which feature are you going to use on that routers ?

Enrico

PS: I can't see the design, are you sure it has been uploaded ?

Joseph W. Doherty
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Disclaimer

The Author of this posting offers the information contained within this posting without consideration and with the reader's understanding that there's no implied or expressed suitability or fitness for any purpose. Information provided is for informational purposes only and should not be construed as rendering professional advice of any kind. Usage of this posting's information is solely at reader's own risk.

Liability Disclaimer

In no event shall Author be liable for any damages whatsoever (including, without limitation, damages for loss of use, data or profit) arising out of   the use or inability to use the posting's information even if Author has been advised of the possibility of such damage.

Posting

See if attachment help.

Hi almassaiyed, it would depend on your requirements as well but most routers would work with 2 ISP connections. please send me an email at fguasque@cisco.com so we assist you further on a recommendation for a router that would best suit what you are looking into. hope to hear from you soon!  

Hello almassaiyed,

How did this project worked out? Were you able to purchase the router you needed for this? Is there anything else that I can help you with? Let me know if you have additional questions or email me directly (alyreyes@cisco.com).

Regards,

Alyza

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card