cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Who can tell me what Nexus 5596UP mean ?

wfqk
Level 5
Level 5

Hello

I have two questions. One is what "96UP" mean in Nexus5596UP ? it is 96 end ports ? 

Second please see attached picture, does this Nexus have 5 slots ? They are same speed? I did not find its datasheet yet

Thank you

6 Replies 6

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

5596 can accommodate up to 96 SFP/SFP+ ports.  You just by the 16-port expansion ports when required.  

UP stands for "unified port".  Because the ports are SFP/SFP+ it means that it will also support GigabitEthernet, FC and/or FCoE speed.

Hey Leo,

Sent you a PM :-)

Hi Kishore, 

I've responded to your PM. 

Thanks for your reply. Based on the picture, it looks like that the nexus has 5 slots, each has 16 ports. so it should have 80 ports, why 96 ? 

Thanks for your reply. Based on the picture, it looks like that the nexus has 5 slots, each has 16 ports. so it should have 80 ports, why 96 ? 

5596UP is a 2 RU switch.  By default there are 48 non-removable ports already.  

There are three optional slots.  Each slot can accomodate a module with 16 ports.  So all in all, that's a total of 96 SFP/SFP+ ports.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: