cancel
Showing results forĀ 
Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Wireless 2.4Ghz unable to deliver upto 50mbps on speedtest . why?

Dear Team

i currently working in ISP . we face issue when we test speedtest on 2.4Ghz wireless wifi or ONU unable to get upto 50mbps speed . But some ISP . i think using concept of TCP optimization to improve speed . so can any help How to implement TCP optimization for wireless 2.4Ghz.

Thanks 

15 Replies 15

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Because the wireless NIC is probably just 1x1:1.  

But sir some ISP even provide 100mpbs speed on 2.4Ghz when we test speedtest or fast.com . How?

What is the model of the wireless NIC?

Sir it does n't matter what NIC is , My question is how we can implement TCP Optimization to increase speed on 2.4Ghz

@Gagandeep_Singh_1997 wrote:

Sir it does n't matter what NIC is

Oh yes, it does.  

My question is how we can implement TCP Optimization to increase speed on 2.4Ghz

Wrong question.  The correct question is:  Why would anyone insist on using 2.4 Ghz (over 5.0 Ghz)? 

The only reason that I can think of is the wireless NIC only supports 2.4 Ghz.

ok i agree with "The only reason that I can think of is the wireless NIC only supports 2.4 Ghz"

But sir Customer want to test speed on its smartphone by connecting 2.4Ghz and want to see speed of 100mbps.

and our ONU company is Syrotech . so can we implement any solution so that customer able to see speed of 100mbps on speedtest or fast.com

Thanks

Customer want to test speed on its smartphone by connecting 2.4Ghz

How many wireless clients does the customer have that can only support 2.4 Ghz?  Only one?

And what OS is it on, Android?  What particular firmware?  Is the firmware end-of-support and riddled with security vulnerabilities?

sir Customer around 250's that support only 2.4Ghz .

Sir they use even latest OS of android . But still want to test on 2.4Ghz instead of 5Ghz

Good luck. 

There is no way to "optimize' 2.4 Ghz in an Enterprise (physical) environment other than to wrap a Faraday Cage around the entire building.  IF the wireless NIC used can only do 50 Mbps, then 50 Mbps it is.  

If the client is insisting on using 2.4 Ghz, then roaming will be a problem.  That is a guarantee.  

1: 5Š³Š³Ń† Š½Šµ Š²ŃŠµŠ³Š“Š° Š»ŃƒŃ‡ŃˆŠµ чŠµŠ¼ 2,4Š³Š³Ń†. 

2: 2,4Š³Š³Ń† Š¼Š¾Š¶ŠµŃ‚ Š¾Ń‚Š“Š°Š²Š°Ń‚ŃŒ Š—Š½Š°Ń‡ŠøтŠµŠ»ŃŒŠ½Š¾ Š±Š¾Š»ŃŒŃˆŠµ чŠµŠ¼ 100 ŠœŠ±Šøт/с ( 

1. MikroTik L009UiGS-2HaxD-IN 
  • Š§Š°ŃŃ‚Š¾Ń‚Š° Wi-Fi: 2.4 Š“Š“ц
  • сŠŗŠ¾Ń€Š¾ŃŃ‚ŃŒ 574ŠœŠ±Šøт/с стŠ°Š½Š“Š°Ń€Ń‚ AX )

Joseph W. Doherty
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Wireless performance is a very deep rabid hole.

Certainly sub optimal TCP will reduce throughput but no TCP optimization will double throughput over the technology's maximum bandwidth capacity.  I.e. to obtain 100 Mbps on 2.4 GHz, is due to the hardware being used, not some TCP optimization.  Conversely, though, TCP "issues" can easily half throughput.

Recommend you read the following two references.

https://www.speedguide.net/faq/what-is-the-actual-real-life-speed-of-wireless-374

https://www.speedguide.net/articles/wireless-network-speed-tweaks-5681

JPavonM
VIP
VIP

Why do you test wireless data rate and throughput with such applications and not with a local iPerf server?

Those speed test URLs depend on multiple things that you cannot control, like your WAN circuit QoS policy, WAN's oversubscription, the route of the traffic to the destination, the oversubscription in the WAN side of the remote server, and LAN side, the load of the server/s.

Add oversubscription on the RF medium to that, I mean, the number of concurrent users transmitting on the same channel that you are connected to, not to your AP, but to APs in the neighbourhood using that channel. Speed tests use to span over a time period that could make your wNIC to wait for the next transmission/reception, and that impacts the throughput. try to perform the same test over different hours as utilization may be differnt at the RF medium.

girish_gavandi
Level 1
Level 1

Dear Gagandeep,

When using speedtest, select your local ISP test server or any nearby test server. Units in Mbps, Scale 500 and Connection type: Multi. And test. Hope this helps.

Always mention all the parameters/devices used during test to get accurate response/answers.

Regards,

Girish

signatyrab7777
Level 1
Level 1

сŠ¼Š¾Ń‚Ń€ŠøтŠµ Š½Š° тŠ¾Ń‡ŠŗŠ°Ń… Š“Š¾ŃŃ‚ŃƒŠæŠ° ŠæŠ°Ń€Š°Š¼ŠµŃ‚Ń€ ŠØŠøрŠøŠ½Š° ŠšŠ°Š½Š°Š»Š°. ŠæŠ¾Ń…Š¾Š¶Šµ у Š²Š°Ń Š²ŠŗŠ»ŃŽŃ‡ŠµŠ½ рŠµŠ¶ŠøŠ¼ 20Š¼Š³Ń†

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card