cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Wireless Guest of Aironet 1852i disappear randomly only for Windows Client

zirari
Level 1
Level 1

I have an urgent problem with the Cisco aironet AIR-AP1852I-E-K9C the problem is:

The access point has two SSIDs

1- SSID  Employee

2- SSID Guest

• The SSID Employee  works without any problems for all costumers

• But the SSID GUEST  appears and get masked randomly, The problem only exists for customers who have a WINDOWS OS, where you have to search and update to find the Wifi Guest and as soon as you are connected everything works as it should and without problems (The problem does not arise with the others SSID)

Can you please give us more informations about this problem 

3 Replies 3

Hello

@zirari wrote:

I have an urgent problem with the Cisco aironet AIR-AP1852I-E-K9C the problem is:

The access point has two SSIDs

1- SSID  Employee

2- SSID Guest

• The SSID Employee  works without any problems for all costumers

• But the SSID GUEST  appears and get masked randomly, The problem only exists for customers who have a WINDOWS OS, where you have to search and update to find the Wifi Guest and as soon as you are connected everything works as it should and without problems (The problem does not arise with the others SSID)

Can you please give us more informations about this problem 

Do clients in the same area that's are not not on windows os connect successfully .

If so i would check the nic drivers are update and the advanced properties of the network card - preferred band ( if any) and it roaming aggressiveness.

Also if those are LAPs the client is connecting to i would also check the controller for issues with those particular mac-address.

on a troublesome windows client a nice command to run is the nesh wlan report , it provides a very detail assessment in html format of that particular WiFi client and a summary of its types od disconnects.

start/run/cmd
netsh wlan show wlanreport duration="10"  <--- duration is optional for the 10 you wish have the report check from

res
Paul

Please rate and mark as an accepted solution if you have found any of the information provided useful.
This then could assist others on these forums to find a valuable answer and broadens the community’s global network.

Kind Regards
Paul

Hello Paul,

We have done extensive testing with different machines (Mac and linux) and Smartphone, we found that they detect the SSID Guest and connect without any problem .

The problem exists with all OS WINDOWS clients !!

Hello 

run that command from the client and it will provide you a run down on the reasons for it disconnects

as it does sound like  it’s a client issue.

res

paul 

Please rate and mark as an accepted solution if you have found any of the information provided useful.
This then could assist others on these forums to find a valuable answer and broadens the community’s global network.

Kind Regards
Paul
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card