Views
Helpful
Replies

Wireless Network Setup!

yurs
Level 1
Level 1

Hello All,
Actually i have two internet connection for my office clients. 

1- For all/common and working purpose with 12 Mbps connection.

2- Dedicated for Meetings only (15 Mbps Volume based).

Actually my Dedicated meeting link is in use because is just for meetings/conferences, these meeting could be once in week. And my other 12 Mbps connection is mostly using in office. This connection because using by about 90 devices. So it get slow which disturb my office employee work. 
I think it look like messy! so, i want to arrange it. I did not understand how i should arrange it how i should use both Connection.
I need suggestion for make my WiFi reliable with these connection.

So could you guys suggest my how i can arrange my these WiFi connections.

Thanks!

8 Replies 8

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You have to provide mode information, what infrastrucutre in place.

1. What Router you have, what switches,

2. how many wireless AP in the area.

3. best way to approach was is QoS - but we need information to provide our suggestion.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

For 12 Mbps Connection:

--> I have cisco 2911 router connected with ISP modem

--> I have cisco 2960 switch connected with router and APS.

--> I have 3 Unifi APs connected with switch.

My DHCP server is on Router and switch is just using for multiple aps connection. 

For 15 Mbps Connection:

--> I have netgear AP connect with ISP modem and this AP is give wired link to the meeting room as well as give wireless connection.

Hello,

what kind of connection is the second ISP using ? Is it possible to connect the second ISP modem to the 2911 router ? In order to have all your clients use both connections, you somehow need to connect both ISPs with each other in your network. If you can connect the second ISP modem to the 2911, you could use simple load balancing by installing two default routes, and use a script (or a time based access list) to prevent clients from using the meeting room connection when it is needed.

See if you can bring both the ISP Links to your router, so you can utlise best of both the links 12MB and 15MB.

how is your net gear connected to ISP via Ethernet ?

BB

Yes via ethernet

Can you post Router configuration and  how your network connected as HLD, so we can suggest you can move ISP Ethernet link to other router to achieve.

BB

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

@yurs wrote:

--> I have 3 Unifi APs connected with switch.

We are not familiar with the behaviour and specifics of UniFi APs.

Hello

The simplistic solution would be to add an additional layer 3 interface from your 2911 router into the Netgear and then policy route you lan traffic between the two isps.

To do this you may need to network translate your office traffic against the netgear ap subnet to establish connectivity but this all depends on your current setup if this would be applicable to do.

Also you dont state if the APs are autonomous or lightweight if the latter how are you managing them.

Can you post the configuration of  the 2911 rtr and switch and the aps if applicable.

Please rate and mark as an accepted solution if you have found any of the information provided useful.
This then could assist others on these forums to find a valuable answer and broadens the community’s global network.

Kind Regards
Paul
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: