cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Can another VPN except 512 carry management(SNMP) traffic?

brych126
Level 1
Level 1

According to sd-wan docs VPN 512 is the management VPN. It carries out-of-band network management traffic among the Viptela devices in the overlay network. By default, VPN 512 is configured and enabled. If I'm not mistaken SNMP is kind of management traffic. So, I'm curious wther it is possible to configure another VPN except 512 to carry SNMP traffic?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

svemulap@cisco.com
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
hi Brych -

Yes. You can. It is just that VPN/VRF 512 is out of the box for Management access. You can use another one too. It just has to be consistent across the network.
HTH

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

svemulap@cisco.com
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
hi Brych -

Yes. You can. It is just that VPN/VRF 512 is out of the box for Management access. You can use another one too. It just has to be consistent across the network.
HTH

So if I correctly understand you 512 is default management VPN but except it I can configure another one and disable 512?

You can't disable VPN 512. If interface not connected, it will be up/down state.
It is there, if you want to leverage it. It is meant for OOB access.

For different reasons, there are customers use a different VPN for OOB access to manage the devices.

HTH

Thank you very much for helping. I'll accept your answer. Just want to ask do you know how I can retrieve all management interfaces via vManage API?