cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Can we use VPN0 for In band management for v Edges?

Jackyhope
Level 1
Level 1

Hi everybody,

I am just start learning about Viptel SD WAN , can we use VPN0 for in-band management for vedges?

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

David Aicher
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

it is possible to manage the routers using VPN0.   That said to do this you would need to open up SSH using allow-service.   This would be a serious security issue and leave the router open to attack from the internet.   it is best to use vpn512 for management.   I have seen several routers with SSH open on internet circuit and usually you will find it isn't long before you will see dozens of login attempts per minute.  I suggest you follow security best practices to avoid any problems. 

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

David Aicher
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

it is possible to manage the routers using VPN0.   That said to do this you would need to open up SSH using allow-service.   This would be a serious security issue and leave the router open to attack from the internet.   it is best to use vpn512 for management.   I have seen several routers with SSH open on internet circuit and usually you will find it isn't long before you will see dozens of login attempts per minute.  I suggest you follow security best practices to avoid any problems. 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: