Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco SD-WAN security

philip moore
Level 1
Level 1

Hi community

I'm looking into SD-WAN or IWAN 3.0 or Viptela. in particular the integrated security features.

Can someone point me towards a useful resource explaining what is and how it works. I Io to Cisco SD-WAN home page for security and it sends me to umbrella product page. I could have sworn before that Viptela and Zscaler were the happy couple before the Cisco takeover. I Iuess the $2bn cisco offer that was turned down by zscaler explains that.

Controversy aside, SD-WAN looks very good product, and if integrated security is included this is a huge plus.

Interested to hear your opinions on this

Cheerio

7 Replies 7

Francesco Molino
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni
Hi

I've not done lately but i believe you can still integrate Cisco Viptela with Zscaler.
However, you're right umbrella is the Cisco product and the way to integrate when reading all documentation. I've not seen any official doc with 3rd party vendor because Cisco is selling its own, which is great by the way.
You should ask your 3rd party vendor how they integrate with Cisco solutions to have a configuration and compatibility guide.

Thanks
Francesco
PS: Please don't forget to rate and select as validated answer if this answered your question

Kureli Sankar
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello Philip,

SD-WAN Security customer facing documents will be posted post launch just before we go FCS by end of Nov. 2018.

Stay tuned...

- Kureli

Hi there Kureli. Did the documentation get released as planned?

Hi,  there was a slight delay and it's coming out end of December so should be coming out very soon. Hope it helps.

Fingers crossed: A table with pros and cons of integrated security in SD-WAN would be indeed a great idea.

Viptela integration with Zscaler works without issues, either plain GRE or IPSEC encrypted. 

@stefan.radovanovici wrote:

Viptela integration with Zscaler works without issues, either plain GRE or IPSEC encrypted. 

have you tried zscaler integration it using the Cisco ISR Cedge device (ie a ISR4331) or just the viptela Vedge device?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: