cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Extending VPN 0 to regular router or simulated internet....

craneman1
Level 1
Level 1

I would like to "passthough" an edge device from one VPN 0 interface to another VPN 0.  Basically just have say a ping able device on VPN 0 (Gi0/2)... as well as have a regular VPN 0 on Gi0/1 which is the regular or controlled or managed interface.

From edge  A on the network I can ping the the controlled interface vpn 0 on edge B say 1.1.1.1, and also the extra vpn 0 interface of 2.2.2.2...   however I cannot ping the 2.2.2.3 which is connected to edge b and its  the devices default gateway is 2.2.2.2...

I should be able to do this with DIA since my device would be considered the internet... however I just want to pass through without Natting... is there a special command for this?

Thanks!

1 Reply 1

Hi,

if you configured interface as overlay interface (with "tunnel interface" command), OS hardcodes that interface for SD-WAN. So, normal routing (as we know from traditional network) can't happen over that interface. For this type of deployment (what you do) you may use loopback interface and enable tunnel interface (sd-wan overlay interface) on that. Another 2 physical interfaces will be in VPN0 but without tunnel interface config.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/solutions/CVD/SDWAN/cisco-sdwan-design-guide.html#WANEdgeDeployment

Read "Wan EDGE DEPLOYMENT" Section,  "Loopback Interface Tunnels" Subsection.

HTH,

HTH,
Please rate and mark as an accepted solution if you have found any of the information provided useful.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: