cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Failed to attach device template (Server Error/Syntax Error)

ciscoworlds
Level 4
Level 4

Hi;

When I want to apply the Device template to a vEdge device, it shows me following error message on the vManage. I searched the Internet and found nothing about it. 

Server error: -----------------------------------^ syntax error: expecting track-via - Protocol to be used for tracking next-hop Error: on line 101: ip route 0.0.0.0/0 172.22.132.3 3

sd-wan03.png

I manually assigned IP address to the mentioned vEdge interface and successfully pinged the next hop ip address. I searched for any possible tracking configuration on the templates but there is no such thing. Any idea?

vedge7# ping vpn 0 172.22.132.3
Ping in VPN 0
PING 172.22.132.3 (172.22.132.3) 56(84) bytes of data.
64 bytes from 172.22.132.3: icmp_seq=1 ttl=255 time=44.5 ms
64 bytes from 172.22.132.3: icmp_seq=2 ttl=255 time=16.3 ms

regards;

2 Replies 2

Tracking is supported. Just check the CLI help option under system and attach it to interface under vpn0. You can find the same thing under feature template option as well.

Regards,

Srikanth

Hi;

I've assigned a "distance" value to 2 next-hops on the templates for the vEdge Cloud device. But it seems there is a bug there because vEdge Cloud doesn't support the distance value but the template for that very device shows the value as "configurable". I change the Distance value on the template from "Device Specific" to the "Default" and error disappeared. I check the CLI on the vEdge Cloud device and found there is no any distance variable/parameter inside the "ip route" command, but there is tracking feature instead, as the error exactly displayed. 

vedge7(config-vpn-0)# ip route 0.0.0.0/0 172.22.131.5 ?
Possible completions:
track-via Protocol to be used for tracking next-hop
<cr>

As seen, it's not possible to determine the distance value. But the template lets you configure it on the "vEdge Cloud" feature template.

sd-wan04.png

HTH;