Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Failure in CSR generation of SD-WAN devices such as vManage,vBond

Hello everyone

I`m doing a SD-WAN lab on Pnetlab on Vmware Esxi

And my problem is when I want to generate CSR for vManage to sign it in the certification authority in Windows Server,I`m getting fail.According to pictures I use Enterprise root certificate which the certification authority is Windows server and I do not want to use OpenSSL and I will continue with Windows server 

Important note is when I use manual option for Control certificate authorization the vmanage CSR has generated successfully but even by using manual in the next steps like importing certificate for vEdge I face with another problem so my only option is continue with Windows server authority.

I`m in need of your valuable information to solve my problem.

You may see my problem in the pictures attached

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi,

manual means- Cisco manual, you generate CSR , copy paste to PNP portal of Cisco and get certificate.

You need enterprise option to use your local CA and of course you must import route certificate chain to vManage, so it and other controllers can have this root CA and trust certificates signed by root CA.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/solutions/CVD/SDWAN/cisco-sdwan-controller-cert-deploy-guide.html

HTH,

HTH,
Please rate and mark as an accepted solution if you have found any of the information provided useful.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Hi,

manual means- Cisco manual, you generate CSR , copy paste to PNP portal of Cisco and get certificate.

You need enterprise option to use your local CA and of course you must import route certificate chain to vManage, so it and other controllers can have this root CA and trust certificates signed by root CA.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/solutions/CVD/SDWAN/cisco-sdwan-controller-cert-deploy-guide.html

HTH,

HTH,
Please rate and mark as an accepted solution if you have found any of the information provided useful.

I have already uploaded the root certificate to vManage otherwise it will not let me to generate CSR for vManage but the problem is even by uploading the root certificate to vManage it does not generate CSR to sign in Windows server as Certificate authority

If you see the pictures you will get my point

sumitku8
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I am also facing the same issue , please suggest the solution and root cause if possible why we  genrally faced this kind of issue ... not able to proceed further........

Hello @sumitku8 I have solved this problem by updating images to v19 and then they could easily generate CSR

Open new topic with details.

HTH,