Views
Helpful
Replies

Firmware Upgrade ViptelaOS

saifulazlan
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I want to upgrade sdwan router model vedge 1000 from version 20.3.7.1 to 20.9.4. I have downloaded the image "viptela-20.9.4-x86_tar.gz" to vmanage repository. When i want to perform the software upgrade from vmanage, i could not find the that image in the list. SDWAN manager is on version 20.9.4.1 and controllers are 20.9.4. 

Thanks in advancepic 1pic 1pic 2pic 2

6 Replies 6

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

have you upgraded the vManage and controller, before you upgrade vedge ?

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Yes. I have upgraded vmanage, vbond and vsmart. I think i know why it is not listed. The image that i upload which contains "x86_64" to repositiry is not the right image for viptela hardware. The image file should have "mips64" instead. Am i right about this?

Thanks.

yes download from here : 

viptela-20.9.4-mips64.tar.gz

https://software.cisco.com/download/home/286320990/type/286321106/release/20.9.4

BB

Hi BB,

Thanks for the download link. I noticed on the file information saying that it is for vEdge 2000. As my router is vEdge 1000 can i use this image for the upgrade without any issue?

image_2024-02-24_111653533.png

Thanks

since you have not mentioned the model i have provided that information.

there is some information discrepancy on the download -i would check with TAC one more time - asper  vedge 1000 below link but that is only for OLD Version. most of the time i have upgrades only cedge device we dont have any virtual on prem

https://software.cisco.com/download/home/286320990/type/286321106/release/20.6.5.2

BB

Hi Balaji Bandi,

Thank you for your kind assistance. As per my reading from the cisco document, it is recommended for vEdge to have same firmware version as controller in this case all controllers is running version 20.9.4. 

Thanks

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card