Helpful
Replies

how can i update signatures of security modules

ahmad.rz
Level 1
Level 1

Hi dear

I work in the security department.

I have got an issue in updating security module, I am going to use IPS and AMP services, but I don’t know how can I update signatures of these modules from Talos update servers.

Now, vManage accesses to *.cisco.com on port 443, but I don’t know what account must I had got for updating!

Can anybody help me in this issue?

I do below task :

Update IPS Signatures

IPS uses Cisco Talos signatures to monitor the network. Cisco recommends following this procedure to download the latest signatures.

Note

To download the signatures, vManage requires access to the following domains using port 443:

• api.cisco.com

• cloudsso.cisco.com

• dl.cisco.com

• dl1.cisco.com

• dl2.cisco.com

• dl3.cisco.com

1. In Cisco vManage, select the Administration > Settings tab in the left side panel to configure IPS Signature Update.

2. Click on Edit to Enable/Disable and provide your Cisco.com Username and Password details to save the Policy details as shown in the following screenshot.

but i don't know what is "Cisco.com Username and Password details"? 

thanks

Be quick and careful!
2 Replies 2

hsood
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
Hello,

I would point you to following documentation:
https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/security/ips-sensor-software-version-71/113674-ips-automatic-signature-update-00.html

Refer the prerequisites section :
A Cisco.com (CCO) user account that is associated with an active Cisco Services for IPS subscription.

Regards,
Hitesh Sood

Hi Hitesh

Thanks for your corporation.

your message is very helpful. but we haven't got IPS appliance, we are using SD-WAN architecture and we are going to enable IPS Module in vManage. although cisco.com (CCO) user account is the same as something we would and we must active the cisco service.

regards

Be quick and careful!
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: