Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Meaning of CONNECTION STATE = false for "show app cflowd collector" output

What is the meaning of CONNECTION STATE = false for "show app cflowd collector" output?  

vEdge# show app cflowd collector 

VPN  COLLECTOR IP   COLLECTOR  CONNECTION            IPFIX    CONNECTION  TEMPLATE  DATA     
ID   ADDRESS        PORT       STATE       PROTOCOL  VERSION  RETRY       PACKETS   PACKETS  
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1    172.16.155.15  13322      false       UDP       10       133         0         0        

4 Replies 4

ekhabaro
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

As you can see, IPFIX can have TCP as a transport and than "CONNECTION STATE" means that 3-way handshake was performed and connection established with server. For UDP it will be always FALSE.

I have seen UDP = true on quite a few vEdges.  I was wondering if there is some connection state above UDP (and TCP for that matter) with IPFIX but I have not been able to find a reference there.  But I have not dived into the RFCs either.

Correct, just checked and indeed sometimes for UDP we see the same. I’m wrong here.

Many thanks for responding – any idea what it means when the state is trues vs false?