Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Meaning of CONNECTION STATE = false for "show app cflowd collector" output

What is the meaning of CONNECTION STATE = false for "show app cflowd collector" output?  

vEdge# show app cflowd collector 

VPN  COLLECTOR IP   COLLECTOR  CONNECTION            IPFIX    CONNECTION  TEMPLATE  DATA     
ID   ADDRESS        PORT       STATE       PROTOCOL  VERSION  RETRY       PACKETS   PACKETS  
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1    172.16.155.15  13322      false       UDP       10       133         0         0        

4 Replies 4

ekhabaro
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

As you can see, IPFIX can have TCP as a transport and than "CONNECTION STATE" means that 3-way handshake was performed and connection established with server. For UDP it will be always FALSE.

I have seen UDP = true on quite a few vEdges.  I was wondering if there is some connection state above UDP (and TCP for that matter) with IPFIX but I have not been able to find a reference there.  But I have not dived into the RFCs either.

Correct, just checked and indeed sometimes for UDP we see the same. I’m wrong here.

Many thanks for responding – any idea what it means when the state is trues vs false?
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: