Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Re: Ask Me Anything - Getting to know Cisco SD-WAN

Hello,

I am trying to attach a Centralized Route policy inbound to an SD-WAN ISR4331 BGP neighbor configuration but i get an error: Server Error: Illegal reference. Is this a bug or there might be something wrong with my BGP feature template? When i configure the BGP without route policy the template is applied  without errors.

Server Error.jpg

5 Replies 5

Surjeet Singh
Level 1
Level 1
It is bgp config issue in your case check if your missing something in
route policy something like route policy reference name. You can also see
what as outcome of your config before applying to device.
Regards,
Surjeet Singh

Hi @Surjeet Singh ,

The outcome of the config before applying fails with the same error. My BGP Route Policy template is really easy, so if you see something wrong in it let me know:):

1- prefix-list Deny_From_AS200 with 10.10.10.0/24 subnet declared

2- Route Policy RP_Deny_From_AS200 with default action 'allow' and Sequence 1 matching address prefix-list Deny_From_AS200 with action 'Deny'

3- Attach Route Policy to Neighbor on BGP Feature Template

Route Policy.JPG

Make sure you have already configured this route policy. Before u are
calling this.
Regards,
Surjeet Singh

If you previously have done this kind of config successfully, please share it, so i can get an idea of what you have done different to make it work.

Just found the reason of this error. In case any other person runs in the same issue, keep in mind that Route Policy configuration is added to the device template through 'Device Policy – Edit – Additional Templates – Policy' and after can be called successfully in the neighbor statement.