Views
Helpful
Replies

RE: On Premise SD-WAN Controller Deployment

faisal.memon
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I am building on premise SDWAN setup, All the controllers (vManage,vBond,vSmart) are up and running on DC VLAN (Which is my Service Side VPN). The edge devices are not able to communicate with controllers as they are sitting in my DC network. What options do i have to get this working. Attached is topology of my setup.

Regards

Faisal

11 Replies 11

faisal.memon
Level 1
Level 1

Hi shhaldar,

Thank you. This document would be of great help when configuring policy. I am stuck with placement of controllers.

Regards

Are you using VPN 0 to connect them ? are all these able to build control connection with each other ?

Regards,
Surjeet Singh

Yes I am using VPN 0 to connect them.

Have uploaded your serial file on vmanage, if yes what is the current stage of them invalid, staging or valid ? You can check this under certificate on vmanage.

Also paste output of show control local-properties and show control connection from edge devices and show orchestration valid-vedge.
Regards,
Surjeet Singh

RohitRaj03827
Spotlight
Spotlight

Dear faisal.memon

Kindly read the below link, you will have a good understanding for CISCO Vipetal sdwan on-prem controllers deployment for cEdge/vEdge routers.

https://community.cisco.com/t5/sd-wan/sd-wan-controller-hosted-on-prem/m-p/3959525#M1447

Let me know if you still have any queries or doubts, will help you resolve the issue.

If you think that my post has answered your questions, kindly hit the helpful button and mark as a solve.

Regards,

Rohit Raj

Regards,
Rohit Raj

@confignetworks
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

You can have a look at this Cisco Live presentation. 

https://www.ciscolive.com/c/dam/r/ciscolive/us/docs/2019/pdf/BRKRST-2559.pdf

Let us know if it helps. 

Best regards, 

elesani
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The first step for you would verify the connectivity in between one of the Edge routers and your Bond controllers. these are possible options on vBond controller:

• does it have a default route?
  • can you confirm if there is an end to end connectivity in between vBond and a given Edge router?
  • do you have up to date list of authorised Edge devices? 

Once you verify above, review below options on a given Edge device:

• does it have a route back towards your on-prem control nodes (vBond, vSmart and vManage)?
  • are you using FQDN address or IPv4 address for your vBond controller configuration within your Edge router configuration? Make sure that FQDN is resolvable to vBond IPv4 address in case.
  • check control connection status from Edge router to confirm if control connection towards vBond is forming or not.

Last but not least, confirm if there is any firewall in between and if that firewall might be blocking control connections.

Let me know how did you go.

Hello. Did you find a solution?

I am stuck with this too. It worse I don’t see people helping much. Most of the post doesn’t have answers.

In my case I don’t have connectivity between VEDGES devices. I am doing On-Premise deployment with a vedge in-line, and firewall in the middle. I followed all the guides and nothing helpful. The best source for knowledge at this moment is through Cisco live.

cheers

Hi!

Did you solve the issue?
i’m struggling with exactly the same issue

Regards

Hello

From vM,
devices -device -device bring Up 

SSH in v/cEDGE
show control local properties
show control connection-history

Please rate and mark as an accepted solution if you have found any of the information provided useful.
This then could assist others on these forums to find a valuable answer and broadens the community’s global network.

Kind Regards
Paul

lsolorzado
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Paul

Thanks for your response.

I’m working on the design so there's not deployed devices yet.

I need to plan before implement.

Regards!