Views
Helpful
Replies

SD-WAN Basic

RS19
Level 4
Level 4

Basic question:

In standard SD-WAN deployment where will the vManage, vOrchestrators & vSmart controllers will be hosted ?

Will it be hosted in Cisco Data center ?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

If the controllers are supplied by Cisco, the customer do not need to do anything to provision them. Cisco will spin up the instances in Cisco cloud and handover to the customer. The basic configuration like control connections, certificate validation between the controllers will all be setup properly and working out of the box.

What the customer needs to do from here on out is to start configuring the controllers according to their environments' needs.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

prastrip
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

It's in cisco cloud( we have a few partners like AWS and Azure)

Thanks.

So If a customer wants to deploy what are the high level steps required for using the vManage, vBond & vSmart Controllers.

vEdge i can understand since it will be in clients location.

But with respect to the vManage, vBond & vSmart Controllers what are the steps required to set it up since they are hosted in Cisco ?

- Should the customer deploy these in the cloud or cisco directly provides all these

If the controllers are supplied by Cisco, the customer do not need to do anything to provision them. Cisco will spin up the instances in Cisco cloud and handover to the customer. The basic configuration like control connections, certificate validation between the controllers will all be setup properly and working out of the box.

What the customer needs to do from here on out is to start configuring the controllers according to their environments' needs.

You don't have to host them at Cisco, you can host all controllers on-prems if you want to. 

Hello, I cannot find any documentation on how to access the vBond, vSmart and vManage controllers if it is hosted in Cisco's cloud. Can you give me any documentation re this? Once a customer purchases the cloud version, I understand that he will be receiving an email on how to access it. So far I haven't seen this in any documentation. 

Thanks.

There is no such documentation. You would get this information directly from Cisco once they setup the controllers in the cloud.