Views
Helpful
Replies

SD-WAN ISR1100-4G sizing

delrayse2005
Level 1
Level 1

Hello , 

I need to know the sizing rules for the SD-WAN devices, I have a mix of ISR1100-4G and ISR1100-6G , so, what I need to check if they are suitable for my network setup, so I need to know the maximum V edges I can deploy, max BFD sessions, NAT ???? 

5 Replies 5

Lei Tian
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
Hello,
Throughput and max BFD tunnels are common factors for sizing. For ISR1100-4G and ISR1100-6G, you can expect around 120M and 300M IMIX throughput with services enabled. The max BFD sessions are 270 and 1500 for above model. There are other platform specific scale limits, such as NAT entry, route table size, DPI flow entry, etc. Unless you are doing large scale, normally those are not something you will need to be concerned about.
In addition to the scale limit, to pick the right platform, you should also consider port count, media type, expected features, site future growth.
HTH,
Lei Tian

Thank you Lei , Any charts or tables indicating those parameter limits per chassis ?

The product datasheet is the CCO document you can reference for. If you have Cisco account team, you can ask the SE for performance test result which gives you more real-world number.
HTH,
Lei Tian

delrayse2005
Level 1
Level 1

Thank you Lei , Any charts or tables indicating those parameter limits per chassis?

delrayse2005
Level 1
Level 1

Thank you but data-sheet is not include all sizing parameters like MAX BFD sessions, NAT, and others  ,do we have a simple way to do the sizing , we have 40 sites to add in the coming months and I don't know if we are selecting the correct hardware 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: