sina.naser
Level 1
Level 1

Hi everyone

i have an isr4221 & isr4431

do these routers support ipsec in sdwan deployment with vmanage

or i must buy this license?: SL-44-SEC-K9

Another question

Does ISR4431 support performance license in sdwan deployment?

tnx in advance

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

daniel.dib
Level 7
Level 7

You need a DNA license to run SD-WAN code. IPSec is part of that license and you don't need a separate one. There is no policer restricting you from using the full performance of the device. You don't need a performance license. The device will push as much traffic as it is capable of. The license you get is based on how much bandwidth you are planning to use.

Daniel Dib
CCIE #37149
CCDE #20160011

Please rate helpful posts.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

daniel.dib
Level 7
Level 7

You need a DNA license to run SD-WAN code. IPSec is part of that license and you don't need a separate one. There is no policer restricting you from using the full performance of the device. You don't need a performance license. The device will push as much traffic as it is capable of. The license you get is based on how much bandwidth you are planning to use.

Daniel Dib
CCIE #37149
CCDE #20160011

tnx for your answer

in the case of sdwan i dont use dna for manage my deployment. I use vmanage instead and it works without license

I'm not talking about DNA Center. I'm talking about DNA Essentials, Advantage and Premier which are the licenses you would use for a SD-WAN deployment. What works and what is legal are two different things.

Daniel Dib
CCIE #37149
CCDE #20160011

Hi sinaa._.ak,

Please refer to the link below for the DNA license options:

https://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/products/collateral/software/dna-software-routing-subscription.pdf

Regards, JW