Views
Helpful
Replies

SD-WAN Local Breakout

RS19
Level 4
Level 4

I have the below scenario.

Cisco vEdge with 2 Internet links & both the links are used for DIA.

Question:

1 - Since 2 transport links are used, which link will be preferred by default.

- Will it be load balancing both the internet link by default.

- If load balancing what load balancing method is used ?

2 - Is it possible to always use 1 link as primary & use the 2nd link as fall back when primary fails for DIA.

5 Replies 5

matt_DD
Level 1
Level 1

matt_DD
Level 1
Level 1

1. ECMP , load balance

you should set a static route to null 0 on hop vEdge and redistribute to omp protocol and on set the custom policy transfer to DIA, PS match tunnel.

Thanks.

For the 1st quest, what kind of load balancing. Is it source IP based or some  other load balancing method.

Regarding the 2nd question, is there any document or reference material which I can refer.

For the 1st quest, what kind of load balancing. Is it source IP based or some  other load balancing method.

see the web link https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Equal-cost_multi-path_routing

Regarding the 2nd question, is there any document or reference material which I can refer.

Um.. I don't know... I have done it in the lab for POC.

The principle is this, using a static route to null 0, then router will passed to omp to other vEdges to receive, but on the advertis router use a higher policy to prevent the packet from being passed to null 0 (similar to the traditional Router's PBR practice)

note: match tunnel

and on other vEdge will use the NAT defalut route to DIA (AD=0), when the interface down or track down, the NAT route will change to omp default route.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card