Views
Helpful
Replies

SD-WAN Routing

RS19
Level 4
Level 4

I have the below scenario.
I have 2 locations which is connected to DC.

Each location has 2 Cisco SD-WAN devices. Each location has 2 Links.

Link 1# MPLS

Link 2# Internet

In Data Center side, I have the network 10.10.0.0/16 
There are multiple /24 network like below.

10.10.100.0/24

10.10.200.0/24

10.10.300.0/24

10.10.400.0/24

Requirement:
1. From Location#1 & Location#2, I need to reach only the below DC network (Not the entire Network of DC)

10.10.300.0/24

10.10.400.0/24

2. The 1st preferred path is Internet. MPLS as backup. 
    In case Internet link fails, the traffic should be via MPLS.

How to achieve this in SD-WAN ?

I want to understand this in high-level like what kind of policies or configurations in SD-WAN can help in achieving this ?

Attached is the diagram for reference.

18 Replies 18

Hi @RS19 

Yes , you can implement this solution but take care for the Default action for the default role of policy, also with action you can determine the transit either MPLS, BIZ-Internet.

Thanks

Yes , you can implement this solution but take care for the Default action for the default role of policy, also with action you can determine the transit either MPLS, BIZ-Internet.

Sorry could you please explain what should I take care regarding the default action. What should I check in order to be careful regarding this.

Could you please let me know ?

Hello @RS19 

sorry for late, I mean there is a default action for any role policy < default action is deny > so should be you allowed all the prefixes which is you wanna to allow them through this role then any traffic don't match these will drop automatic through default action , please don't hesitate to ask me for anything you wanna know .

@RS19 

I have shared with you topology I had designed for one project It will help you to understand as overview and I will share fully configuration and design soon once get the enough time.