cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SDWAN Interface Configuration for 1111-4P

ambrishp
Level 1
Level 1

1. What is the difference between VPN interface SVI and switch port SVI in Cedge SDWAN.

-If my understanding is correct both are Layer3 interfaces whereas VPN Interface SVI will use for VPN0 for transport interface and Carrier/TLOC connectivity use .

2. should we use Switch SVI  port configuration for Layer 3 routing port?

actually in my case i have 3560 L3 switch where routing is being performed done and now i have to connect 1111-4P router.

In 1111-4p there is only 2 port (Router ports- gi0/0/0&1) and 4 switch ports. we are using those 2 routed ports for respective WAN and TLOC connectivity.

3. Can use switch port for Service side but how we can configure these switch port for Layer 3 Service Side 3560 Switch for Routing services.

4.also another query if between switch and router there is already Routing is being done (OSPF) do we need to configure VRRP at  service side.

Topology :

primary - Router(1111-4P)  port (???) >>>>>Switch 3560 (Gi1/0/1)

Secondary -Router(1111-4P)  port (???) >>>>>Switch 3560 (Gi1/0/1)

please let me which port i can use in above case.

Swicth ports gi1/0/1

ip add XXXX

Swicth port gi1/0/2

Ip add

1 Reply 1

1. What is the difference between VPN interface SVI and switch port SVI in Cedge SDWAN.

-If my understanding is correct both are Layer3 interfaces whereas VPN Interface SVI will use for VPN0 for transport interface and Carrier/TLOC connectivity use .

* You need to use "VPN Interface SVI". 

2. should we use Switch SVI  port configuration for Layer 3 routing port?

* Yes, use the IP you assigned the SVI as your switches gateway OR Peer via OSPF with this IP. Make sure to use the correct syntax for "VLAN Interface Name" and enter 'VLAN1" or "VLAN10" (If you decide to not use VLAN1). Also if you're using OSPF, you need to add that template as well. 

3. Can use switch port for Service side but how we can configure these switch port for Layer 3 Service Side 3560 Switch for Routing services.

* You need to use the "Switch Port" template. All you need to do is configure the "Interface" part with the necessary info.

• "Interface Name" - GigabitEthernet0/1/0
  • "Switch Port" - Trunk
  • "Allowed VLAN" - 10 (since we used 10 above)
  • "Native VLAN ID" - 10

4.also another query if between switch and router there is already Routing is being done (OSPF) do we need to configure VRRP at service side.

* If you have two C1111's and two switches, then yes, it will be best practice to utilize VRRP. BUT, you should consider looking into TLOC-Extensions for two router configurations. First try configuring and setting up one router, then make another pass and add VRRP.

***Please mark as Helpful or as Solution if this helped you.***