Views
Helpful
Replies

SDWAN - Plug and Play Portal / vManage - Unsupported chassis number

Buddy_Olli
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

for my lab i created C8000V devices on Plug and Play Portal. Then i downloaded the provisioning file (serialFile.viptela) and uploaded it in vManage ( Configuration > Devices > WAN Edge List and click on Upload WAN Edge List). 

When i do that i receive the error: Unsupported chassis number C8000V-C8K-xxxxx from vManage.

But the serial numbers in Plug and Play Connect don't start with C8000V-C8K. They start with C8K-XYZ.........

Now i can't even delete those new created C8000V devices in Plug and Play Portal.

TAC doesn't want to help me since this is a learning lab ...

Please see screenshots attached.

Not able to Onboard a C8000V is bad, but not able to delete the devices/serials from Plug and Play Connect is worse.

Because i need to upload the Serial file with updated CSR1K and vedge devices. 

So if anybody has an idea how to delete those C8000V devices would be much appreciated.

Or what am i doing wrong ?

Many Thanks and kind Regards,

Olli

Unsupported_chassis_number1.pngdel_not_allowed_1.pngdel_not_allowed_2.pngdel_not_allowed_3.png

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi,

i was able to solve this.

Error 1 (Onboard a C8000V) - This was indeed solved by upgrading vManage. This seems to be not working in 20.3.4

Error 2 (Deleting C8000V device in Plug'n Play Portal): I still couldn't delete it. However, i was able set it to Unconfigured by removing the Controller Profile. See attached pics.

unmanage_c8000v.pngunmanage_c8000v_part2.png

So, issue solved.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Hi

Luckly it is a lab.

This blog post here teaches how to onboard 8000v. Might not help you at this point as you are already with the problem happening but as a Lab you can always start over.

Pay attention that on the comments, there are people complaninig about the same problem as yours.

https://0x2142.com/how-to-cisco-sd-wan-onboarding-a-catalyst-8000v/ 

Hi,

thanks for the reply.

i followed exactly this procedure. :-)) But then my errors happened.

However, if you scroll down to the comments i explain also my problem. 

Seems another user also had the same issue.

Kind Regards,

Oliver

This can be related to version maybe. I mean, vmanage version and  8000 version. 

Hi, vManage version is 20.3.4 and c8000v version is 17.7.1a

But in plug and play portal i couldn't select anything... 

Hi,

i was able to solve this.

Error 1 (Onboard a C8000V) - This was indeed solved by upgrading vManage. This seems to be not working in 20.3.4

Error 2 (Deleting C8000V device in Plug'n Play Portal): I still couldn't delete it. However, i was able set it to Unconfigured by removing the Controller Profile. See attached pics.

unmanage_c8000v.pngunmanage_c8000v_part2.png

So, issue solved.

C8000v FCS(First Customer Shipment) is 17.4. Since you were trying to bring C8000v on 20.3.x vmanage, vmanage hadn't idea of this product, so resulted this error. You can bring up CSR1k on controllers version 20.3 and below. On 20.4 and above, both CSR1k and C8000v are supported.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: