cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SDWAN template - Determine which template a device *was* attached to

maxnpj
Level 1
Level 1

Is there a way to determine which template a device *was* attached to? I've looked at the "template log" (Configuration-->Devices--><three dots>-->Template log), and that shows the template when the device was attached, but if the device was put into CLI mode the template log just shows "Sync-from successful".

So, if I put a device into CLI mode, is there a way to know which template I detached the device from?

--Thanks

3 Replies 3

What I would do, is attach all templates you think belong to it, and before you commit the change, look at the "Config Difference" to see if the config matches before attaching.  

I not aware of a "Attached Template History", but I think it's not a bad idea to have that included. 

Thanks for the reply. That works, I was hoping for something like a history or even some hint in the "configuration rollback" output.

Thanks again.

sdipippo
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

Check the "Audit Logs" section of the vManage monitoring. I believe it explicitly tells you that information there as well as the user who took the action. You can filter the audit logs in vManage or even download as an Excel file to manipulate / search it.

Hope it helps!

Thanks,

Steve