Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

unable to pull vmanage on port 8334

Hi,

We have 2 Viptella vedge routers installed and configured and the following is the vmanage settings :

vmanage tls 1.1.1.3 3 0 10.0.2.18 23456 34.208.186.24 23456 private1 up 40:01:56:55 0

I've tried pulling vmanage using https://34.208.186.24:8443 or https://10.0.2.18, but to no avail...

Am I missing something here as I am a novice when it comes to SDWAN?

Thanks.

_ Greg 

7 Replies 7

hsood
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
Hi Greg,

I am assuming you have Cisco Cloud hosted controllers. There is a FQDN URL such as "vmanage-XXXXXX.viptela.net" provided to you by Cisco for accessing Vmanage.

Use that FQDN URL and do a "nslookup vmanage-XXXXXX.viptela.net" in your command prompt window. The IP you get as output is the public IP should be using for accessing your Vmanage.

Regards,
Hitesh Sood

looking on below output shared by you, it seems this one is your underlay interface using VPN 0, can you check other interface IP configured in VPN 512, this should be ideally you management IP address.

you are not able to access below IP address's seems because of they have tunnel config.

vmanage tls 1.1.1.3 3 0 10.0.2.18 23456 34.208.186.24 23456 private1 up 40:01:56:55 0

Regards,
Surjeet Singh

Thanks for your response.

We've gotten the FQDN URL from Cisco and did an nslookup on it and got the public IP address. However, we still couldn't pull the url. Is there anything else we need to be able to pull that url or its corresponding IP address?

Thanks.

_Greg 

hsood
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Greg,

I am curious, if you are able to ping the IP that you resolved after doing a nslookup.

If possible, can you ping me 1:1 privately and I can check if the url works from my end ?

Regards,

Hitesh

I or my co-workers can't ping that Public IP address in or out of the network....

Thanks.

_ Greg,,,

So, Cisco had to whitelist my public source IP address and I was able to pull the vmanage link for the Viptela device we have. However, I was not able to authenticate into that vmanage site with the same credentials I used for accessing the Viptela device. What credentials are used for the vmanage site?

Thanks.

_ Greg

hsood
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

It should be admin/admin by default for a new system, if not modified by anyone manually.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: