Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unknown Applications in SDWAN Viptela

Hi guys,

The vManage comes with a list of applications and applications family list that we can leverage to do App aware routing and appears to me that the application visibility that the vmanage has, comes from the same list. Now, what happends if I want to identify a custom application or a application that is not in the vManage list?

From an app aware routing perspective as far as I now the option is instead of matching the application you could just match the ips and the ports related to that service. am I right? 

But now from the visibilities point of view, is there a way to tell the vManage to identify custom applications based on destination ports? so that when the vManage builds the app traffic graphics it can tell what application is and reflect that on their analytics?

I have a customer that wants this functionality but appears to me that everything that is not defined in the application family built in needs to be identified by their ports and IPs. is this right?

2 Replies 2

HashamM
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

For any roadmap questions please reach out to your Cisco Account team team.

What I do, is I create a Data Prefix List, add preferred destination IPs and utilize that List in AAR as a Match Destination and if you need to add a port or protocol, you can do that as well in the Match. Then you configure your Actions from there. 

I agree with you on that there should be more flexibility on adding Domain Names for easier understanding, etc, but for now, the above config works just fine.