cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Announcements

Choose one of the topics below for SD-WAN Resources to help you on your journey with SD-WAN

This community is for technical, feature, configuration and deployment questions.
For production deployment issues, please contact the TAC!
We will not comment or assist with your TAC case in these forums.

Views
Helpful
Replies
Highlighted

Upgrade issues: not enough space in the SDWAN installer filesystem

Good morning,

I am currently in the process of upgrading a device from IOS -XE SDWAN software version 16.12.1b.0.4 to 16.12.3. 

I dropped my file isr4300-ucmk9.16.12.3.SPA.bin in the bootflash: directory.

Then I try command request platform software sdwan software install bootflash:isr4300-ucmk9.16.12.3.SPA.bin, receiving the following error-mesage:

*Apr 23 07:40:11.861: %IOSXE-5-PLATFORM: R0/0: VCONFD_NOTIFIER: Install status: 92a866cf-c6d1-4566-bd16-ff49b578839c install-fail. Message Not enough space in SDWAN installer filesystem. Please remove one of the installed images and try again. SDWAN installer filesystem size - 396672 bytes, Available space - 128727 bytes, Required space - 171392 bytes.

Now my bootflash: directory has enought space. But the message is talking about a filesystem which I guess is bootflash:.sdwaninstallerfs(?)

I could not find anything about a "SDWAN installer filesystem" in the Cisco SD-WAN official documentation. Can anyone help with this situation? Thanks

Everyone's tags (4)
1 REPLY 1
Highlighted

Re: Upgrade issues: not enough space in the SDWAN installer filesystem

Not sure if this will help. 

Verify the currently installed, active and old, sdwan images:

show sdwan software

Now delete any that are listed to free up space:

request platform software sdwan software remove <image>