Views
Helpful
Replies

vEdge SNMP

fakrulalam
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have enabled SNMP in vEdge device; but SNMP query is not working from the NMS. I have tried with snmpwalk/snmpget but no response. SNMP config:

snmp
no shutdown
view v2
oid 1.3.6.1
oid 1.3.6.1.*
!
community read-only
view v2
authorization read-only
!
group v2 auth-priv
view v2
!
user snmp
auth md5
auth-password $8$gWGxXKchTONylD1IAvgkxUunkBiBQ54EtREVDmRUO7E=
priv aes-cfb-128
priv-password $8$UrhE2PeFJd+Bl/OnSwYqR76JKs71PQV3gmqt/0XMZ+w=
group v2

Anything missing?

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi Fakrul,

VPN512 would be the most recommended segment to handle network management traffic across the fabric. 
I can think of one solution, still you have to get a shot to make sure if it works:

You can create a new IPv4 ACL (consider ingress for the transport interface) to permit SNMP traffic, then apply that to the ingress direction as per below:

Feature Templates: VPN Interface Ethernet | ACL/QOS | Ingress ACL - IPv4

Please try the above workaround and let me know if it works.

Regards,
Ehsan

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

RohitRaj03827
Spotlight
Spotlight

Hello fakrulalam,

Please use following commands for SNMP configuration for vEdge:- 

snmp
no shutdown
view v2
oid 1.3.6.1
!
community private
view v2
authorization read-only
!
trap target vpn 0 10.0.1.1 16662 

!(please udp port number 16662 for snmp configuration of viptela devices ) (I have targeted vpn 0, however you can target vpn 1 as well as , depends upon your requirements, 10.0.1.1= snmp server address)

group-name Cisco
community-name private
!
trap group test
all
level critical major minor
exit
exit

==========================================================================================

Please mark this post solve and hit on helpful button, if this post has answered your query.

Regards.

Rohit Raj

Regards,
Rohit Raj

elesani
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
How your NMS reach out to Edge devices? Is it using VPN512 - or a configured management VPN or are you using Transport VPN?
If using Transport VPN, be mindful of Implicit ACL applied as part of Transport Interface nature in Cisco SD-WAN fabric.

Hi Elesani,

Yes, I am trying VPN 0 (Transport VPN). VPN512 works fine. Is there any option to allow SNMP in the transport interface?

Thanks

Fakrul.

Hi Fakrul,

VPN512 would be the most recommended segment to handle network management traffic across the fabric. 
I can think of one solution, still you have to get a shot to make sure if it works:

You can create a new IPv4 ACL (consider ingress for the transport interface) to permit SNMP traffic, then apply that to the ingress direction as per below:

Feature Templates: VPN Interface Ethernet | ACL/QOS | Ingress ACL - IPv4

Please try the above workaround and let me know if it works.

Regards,
Ehsan
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: