cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

vEdge transport interface; template to choose static IP or DHCP IP

maxnpj
Level 1
Level 1

Using the Feature Template of "VPN Interface Ethernet " is there some way to create one template that will allow me to choose DHCP or static for Ge0/4 (transport interface); and if static is chosen then fill in the necessary IP info? Super annoying that (as far as I know) I have to have two different Ge04 templates to accomodate a very common setup.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

sdipippo
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

I have experienced the same frustration on this one, but there is not currently a way that I know of to do that. You will need two feature templates for Ge0/4 if you have WAN interfaces which provide DHCP addresses vs. statically assigned IP addresses. This will result in two different device templates also, obviously. Sorry about that!

Steve

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

sdipippo
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

I have experienced the same frustration on this one, but there is not currently a way that I know of to do that. You will need two feature templates for Ge0/4 if you have WAN interfaces which provide DHCP addresses vs. statically assigned IP addresses. This will result in two different device templates also, obviously. Sorry about that!

Steve

Thanks for the reply. I had figured this as I could not figure out any way to accomplish a choice between DHCP and Static in the same template. Thanks for verifying.