Views
Helpful
Replies

vEdge viptela OS and DNA license expiration

Alice Wang
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Dear Experts

We have some questions about the DNA license expiration from customer.

But I do not have environment to do the test. So could you pls kindly help on the questions below?

• About the traffic communication when the DNA license has expired.

Q1. Regarding the traffic when the DNA license has expired: will traffic be cut off immediately, or still working for a certain period? or any bandwidth restrictions may occur?

Could you please tell me the detailed behavior?

Q2.For a DNA licensed equipment(for example vEdge), after its license expired for a few days, I bought and installed the new license, will this DNA licensed equipment stop working? Or continue to work as before? Is there any impact for installing a new license after the existing license has expired?

• About the management of DNA license expiration.

Q1.Is there any items or any screen image on vManage to confirm about the DNA license expiration?

In other words how can I check if license has expired or not on its connected vManage’s GUI?

Q2. Is there any command to confirm whether the DNA license has expired?

Q3. When the license is about to expire there will status system message comes out, right? For example, it comes out one week before the expiration date, etc.

if yes, could you please refer me the syslog message content and Pop-up frequency?

In addition, is there a syslog that says " License has expired" at the time when it expires?

if yes, could you please refer me the syslog message content and Pop-up frequency?

Q4.Is there any MIB/OID that we can confirm whether the DNA license has expired?

Looking forward to your response and help!

1 Reply 1

Hi,

these questions are great and community (partners,customers) need answer to all these. Personally, I have read several docs that these licenses are RTU. There is no enforcement currently (but may be later). I haven't seen any place in vmanage that it tracks device term licenses. So, simple question: if I have bought 3Y DNA advantage and it expires, how vmanage will know it? Seems, no way.

"Q.  If a customer stops paying for their subscription software license, does the network stop working?
A.  For traditional environments (on-premises vs. cloud management), upon subscription expiration with no renewal, customers will still be able to use base routing features using CLI. However, customers will not be able to use the WAN management and control capabilities of Cisco DNA Center.
For SD-WAN environments (vManage), upon subscription expiration with no renewal, WAN management functions will no longer operate. Customers must renew their subscription-based licenses to continue to get access."
For me, it is interesting how and which device tracks it?

HTH,
HTH,
Please rate and mark as an accepted solution if you have found any of the information provided useful.