cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Viptela vEdge Cloud Provisioning Problem No CSR

Chainsaw8
Level 1
Level 1

So I've been working on getting my viptela lab up and running but im running into a road block trying to bring up a vedge-cloud device.  I have all the controllers set up and talking and I am using my own signed enterprise certs.  When I follow the steps to add a vedge cloud device I can see the control connection come up and vmanage should generate a CSR that I can then sign and upload, but vmanage never gives me a CSR.  See attached screenshots.  I cannot seem to figure out what part of the process is failing.  When I issue the "request vedge-cloud activate..." command I can see the control connection come up but thats it, nothing else happens.  Anyone have any ideas where I'm going wrong? 

Screen Shot 2020-07-28 at 2.41.39 PM.pngScreen Shot 2020-07-28 at 2.43.28 PM.pngScreen Shot 2020-07-28 at 2.42.36 PM.pngScreen Shot 2020-07-28 at 2.42.07 PM.pngScreen Shot 2020-07-28 at 2.41.52 PM.png

3 Replies 3

Hi,

uncheck CSR properties field in Controller Cert Authorization section (or whatever that is, I don't remember it by name) in SETTINGS section.

HTH,

HTH,
Please rate and mark as an accepted solution if you have found any of the information provided useful.

I tried that and same result.  The control tunnel comes up but no serial number gets generated for the vedge and no CSR created either. 

Oh, I have just seen it.... Why do you use enterprise CA option? IMHO, vManage creates CSR if you use it as CA and it is recommended by Cisco.

Regards,

HTH,
Please rate and mark as an accepted solution if you have found any of the information provided useful.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: