Views
Helpful
Replies

BGP template association

agredanoen
Level 1
Level 1

Hi experts,

I just created a BGP template on vManage and i understand it must be associated to service VPN since i want use BGP on the LAN side...

I just do not find how to associate this BGP template to the service VPN and or the desired vEdge device

could someone help me to do this?

hope you can help

Thnaks in advance

Best Regards

Enrique Agredano

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi agredanoen,

Follow these steps to configure LAN Side BGP, i am using EBGP, you can use this template for iBGP for as well, all the process and steps will be same. Follow me here:-

1. Go to vManage dashboard, go to configuration-->Template-->Device Tab--> click  "..."on the cEdge or vEdge router on which you want to create and push the BGP template, below shows the screenshot for the same, i have circle the area with blue color where you have to click:-

Capture1.JPG

Once you click on "..." select Edit the template  and template will be open, go to service VPN Tab, under service VPN tab right hand side you see additional VPN template options, under that select BGP (click on "+", to add ).

below the screenshot:-

Capture2.JPGCapture3.JPG

Use the drop-down option under the BGP and click on Create Template:-

a template page will be open and there you have to fill information related to BGP, follow me below to fill the template:-

Template Name:- cEdge7_VPN1_BGP_Template ( you can give the template name your own)

Description:- cEdge7_VPN1_BGP_Template

go to the basic configuration Tab and Fill only which is required and leave all other options default or as it is:-

AS Number :- set Global and enter the AS number , i am using 65000 for AS number.

Address family:- IPv4 unicast

I have attached the screenshot follow the same:-

Capture4.JPG

Go to unicast Address family Tab, and click on redistribute and click new redistribute and under protocol select global and OMP (to redistribute omp route into BGP) and click on add, below i have attached the screenshot:-

Capture5.JPG

Go to Neighbor Tab click on New neighbor and fill the details which i have filled in below screenshot and click on add:-

Capture6.JPG

once this all details will added also create one template for OMP for BGP to OMP route redistribution i have attached the template below :-

Capture7.JPGCapture8.JPGCapture9.JPGCapture10.JPGCapture11.JPGCapture12.JPGCapture13.JPG

And now you can push the template and verify the configuration.

===================================================================================

kindly let me know if you still have any problem with SD-WAN.

====================================================================================

Kindly hit helpful button, give comments and mark as a solve if this post has helped you.

========================================================================================

Regards,

Rohit Raj

Regards,
Rohit Raj

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

ekhabaro
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You need to reference BGP feature template now under service or transport VPN section of the device template. 

Hi agredanoen,

Follow these steps to configure LAN Side BGP, i am using EBGP, you can use this template for iBGP for as well, all the process and steps will be same. Follow me here:-

1. Go to vManage dashboard, go to configuration-->Template-->Device Tab--> click  "..."on the cEdge or vEdge router on which you want to create and push the BGP template, below shows the screenshot for the same, i have circle the area with blue color where you have to click:-

Capture1.JPG

Once you click on "..." select Edit the template  and template will be open, go to service VPN Tab, under service VPN tab right hand side you see additional VPN template options, under that select BGP (click on "+", to add ).

below the screenshot:-

Capture2.JPGCapture3.JPG

Use the drop-down option under the BGP and click on Create Template:-

a template page will be open and there you have to fill information related to BGP, follow me below to fill the template:-

Template Name:- cEdge7_VPN1_BGP_Template ( you can give the template name your own)

Description:- cEdge7_VPN1_BGP_Template

go to the basic configuration Tab and Fill only which is required and leave all other options default or as it is:-

AS Number :- set Global and enter the AS number , i am using 65000 for AS number.

Address family:- IPv4 unicast

I have attached the screenshot follow the same:-

Capture4.JPG

Go to unicast Address family Tab, and click on redistribute and click new redistribute and under protocol select global and OMP (to redistribute omp route into BGP) and click on add, below i have attached the screenshot:-

Capture5.JPG

Go to Neighbor Tab click on New neighbor and fill the details which i have filled in below screenshot and click on add:-

Capture6.JPG

once this all details will added also create one template for OMP for BGP to OMP route redistribution i have attached the template below :-

Capture7.JPGCapture8.JPGCapture9.JPGCapture10.JPGCapture11.JPGCapture12.JPGCapture13.JPG

And now you can push the template and verify the configuration.

===================================================================================

kindly let me know if you still have any problem with SD-WAN.

====================================================================================

Kindly hit helpful button, give comments and mark as a solve if this post has helped you.

========================================================================================

Regards,

Rohit Raj

Regards,
Rohit Raj

Hi Rohit,

Thank you very much for taking teh tie for such detailed and accurate explanation

Best Regards

Enrique

Hi agredanoen,

Any time!!! keep posting your doubt, you will get answer for those. Happy learning!!!, 

Kindly hit helpful button.

Regards,
Rohit Raj

ekhabaro

Thank you
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: