cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Viptela vEdge Cloud Router on ESXi version above 6.0

nomadicwifi
Level 1
Level 1

Is the Cisco Viptela vEdge Cloud Router supported on ESXi version higher than 6.0?

The following Cisco's documentation states that it is only supported on ESXi 5.5 & 6.0

https://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/solutions/collateral/enterprise-networks/sd-wan/nb-07-cloud-router-data-sheet-cte-en.pdf

5 Replies 5

Francesco Molino
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni
Hi

I've a customer who only have esxi6.5 and their vmware guys has imported the ova and everything works fine.
We didn't have any issues but I'm not 100% sure TAC will support it if any vmware related issues occur.

Thanks
Francesco
PS: Please don't forget to rate and select as validated answer if this answered your question

tahiali
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

ive deployed almost all of my installs in 6.x without issue.

nomadicwifi
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks guys, I have deployed other Cisco images without a problem but for this one, would anyone know if this is officially supported by Cisco and TAC?

Thanks

I don't see why it wouldn't be supported. I never asked and never had issues when calling TAC. You may ask TAC directly.

Thanks
Francesco
PS: Please don't forget to rate and select as validated answer if this answered your question

nomadicwifi
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks all! I have contacted Cisco at cs.co/gve-portal and they have confirmed it is supported.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: