Views
Helpful
Replies

Creating policy to prefer biz-internet for branch internet traffic

Alimarefat
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,
We have ISR C1111x-8p in our branches with 2 WAN links. Currently the branch traffic is load balanced via these 2 links to go internet. How can we make only biz-internet to be active for serving branch LAN traffic to go internet instead of load balancing. Do we need to create a new policy for it? If yes please give me some hints.
We are using Vmanaged mode not cli mode.

regards,

5 Replies 5

Yes, you need to use either AAR or Data policy depending on the requirement.

Regards,

Srikanth

Hi, yes of course that we need policy for it (dont think AAR is needed since its about all traffic, only data policy should be ok) but I was looking for a sample or workaround on it.

Thanks anyway

ekhabaro
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
For ingress traffic you can simply set "preference" under "tunnel encapsulation" section:

https://sdwan-docs.cisco.com/Product_Documentation/Command_Reference/Configuration_Commands/encapsulation

For egress traffic, you need to make sure that particular path is preferred via biz-internet. You can use data policy or centralized control policy on vSmart to apply preference for particular prefixes. Or simply set "preference" under "tunnel encapsulation" on other vEdges as well because egress traffic for local vEdge is ingress traffic for remote and vice versa.

Thanks for the reply. I was looking for a clue on GUI templates rather than CLI. To me also using CLI is more easy but we are using it in Vmanage mode and i need to configure it in GUI.

encapsulation preference should be available in "VPN Interface Ethernet" feature template in the Tunnel -Encapsulation section.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: