cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

how to deploy Remote side cEdge router with .cfg configuration file?

RohitRaj03827
Spotlight
Spotlight

Hello members,

I have to deploy remote side cEdge routers, the cEdge routers are at warehouse. Is there any way to configure to provision cEdge routers without vManage? how i can use cisco ca manually for cEdge routers?

anyone can suggest? help me asap.

thanks

Regards,
Rohit Raj
9 Replies 9

daniel.dib
Level 7
Level 7

I already replied to your other thread. You can put a file on flash or USB:

https://sdwan-docs.cisco.com/Product_Documentation/Getting_Started/Hardware_and_Software_Installation/On-Site_Bootstrap_Process_for_SD-WAN_Devices

The cEdge will have a certificate already installed on it. It should also already have the root CA trust installed. As long as you have uploaded serial file to vManage, and the controllers know of this device, you should be good.

Daniel Dib
CCIE #37149
CCDE #20160011

Please rate helpful posts.

ok i got you point. So there is a terminology bootable usb drive == which means first i have make usb drive bootable and then paste the .cfg config file into bootable usb drive?

Correct me if im wrong..

Regards,
Rohit Raj

It's just a normal USB stick where you save the .cfg file. When the router boots, it will mount the USB and it searches for this file. If it finds it, it loads the configuration and stops the ZTP process.

Daniel Dib
CCIE #37149
CCDE #20160011

Hi daniel.dib.
I have uploaded the .cfg file through usb drive to cEdge router, configuration has been pushed to cEdge router, now i am trying to login with default username -admin and password- admin, its not letting me in cEdge router, it says authentication failed.
Does it change the default password after pushing the .cfg config file.

i have not configure any password in .cfg template.

any suggestions ?

thanks in advance.
rohit
Regards,
Rohit Raj

Not that I'm aware of. Note that if the device hasn't finished booting up, it may say "login failed" when you are trying to access it.

Daniel Dib
CCIE #37149
CCDE #20160011

Hi daniel.dib,
i have waited for bootup process to be finished and then i am trying to login with default username and password, its say authentication error. default username and password is incorrect error.

Also kindly answer me that:-

I have to deploy cEdge routers for remote site and cEdge routers are currently sitting at warehouse, i want to push .cfg file. To achieve this i am doing following steps:-

1. Setup Controllers (vManage ) in my lab and then uploading the cEdge routers chassis and serial details in .viptela file in vManage (which i will build in lab) and then generate bootstrap configuration which is in .cfg file and then i will upload in cEdge routers.

2. when DC will be ready then i will build controllers on UCS c220 server and then connect remote side cEdge routers.

so will that work? will cEdge router will sync with real vManage?

will that work ?
or

do i have build the real vManage? will vManage build in lab work ?

kindly answer this question? ASAP.
Regards,
Rohit Raj

Hi,

Did you solve this?

"i have waited for bootup process to be finished and then i am trying to login with default username and password, its say authentication error. default username and password is incorrect error."

I have same issue. I installed SD-WAN image on ASR1001-HX and after installation it asks login credentials but nothing works.

Hi  MikaelH5593,

Yes i have resolved this issue.

What you need to follow below steps:-

When you run "request platform software sdwan software reset " command then router reboots and when the router comes up you will login with the default username and password which is admin and admin but as soon as you login with the default username and password, you will get one message on console which says that one time default username and password removed you will have to create new username and password (something like this error).

Create new username and password for that router.

use following command:-

username admin privilege 15 password admin@123 (Note:- you can change the username and password using this command)

========================================================================================

For the routers those are already have these problem you can follow the password recovery process go to rommon mode from there you can change the username and password 

=========================================================================================

But for the brand new router use the first step which i said which is create default username and password after "request platform software sdwan software reset " command.

=========================================================================================

Kindly let me know if you have any issue with in it or any issue related to SD-WAN viptela. 

====================================================================================

If you think that my post has helped you kindly hit the helpful button.

=================================================================================

Thanks and Regards,

Rohit Raj

Regards,
Rohit Raj

Thanks RohitRaj03827,

I wasn't yet run "request platform software sdwan software reset ". So when I booted the device it came up with default user, so I didn't need to go to ROMmon. I created the admin user and ran "request platform software sdwan software reset ". Admin user was reset to default, and after login the admin user was deleted again. So I needed to create it again. After all this there was no more problems.

"request platform software sdwan software reset " command adds packages.conf with SD-WAN bootfile in bootvar: BOOT variable = ...

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco